Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Review: HTC ThunderBolt (Verizon Wireless)

HTC ThunderBolt
The HTC ThunderBolt is my new best friend. At first, I was skeptical – usually a device so hyped turns out to be a let-down. Dead wrong this time around. The ThunderBolt may be the best Android Smartphone yet, at least for now.

The hardware in the ThunderBolt package is well built and thoughtful, including a sleek (for what it is) USB wall charger and MicroUSB cable. HTC didn’t see fit to include earphones, but that’s fine by me, as I like my Logitech IP Noise-Isolating Earbuds, ’cause they rock (they’re about $50 online, and worth every penny). Most plans I’ve seen come with either a 16 or 32GB microSD card pre-installed (
HTC ThunderBolt
The ThunderBolt includes Adobe Reader, QuickOffice for editing and viewing Office documents, Verizon’s V CAST services, Kindle, and (ick) some trialware games (I detest trial apps preinstalled on phones, but it’s the norm these days…). 
HTC ThunderBolt
One thing I really like about the ThunderBolt and Verizon’s LTE network is the mobile hotspot functionality. Speeds are almost in the range of cable Internet, and the latency (I got between 80 and 120ms) on the LTE network is far better than most 4G systems.
HTC ThunderBolt

HTC ThunderBolt

Overall, the ThunderBolt is the best phone HTC has produced to date, as fas as this user is concerned. HTC took the best parts of their previous Android smartphone and turned out something impressive. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment